Gluten Free Blackberry Galette
1 bag Bob’s Red Mill Pie Crust Mix (pre-made and refrigerated)
5 cups blackberries (you can add any kind of fruit just make sure to have 5 cups total of fruit)
2 TBS honey
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice or lemon zest
¾ tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla
1/4 cup almond flour
1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the ball of pastry into a circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the nectarines, blackberries, honey or 2 tablespoons of the sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon and the vanilla in a large bowl and gently toss together.
- Sprinkle the almond flour over the pastry leaving a 2- to 3-inch border all around.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until the berries are just starting to juice.
- Pour the blackberries on top of the pastry. Fold the edges of the dough in over the fruit. The galette should be approximately 9 inches wide.
- Mix the egg and maple sugar together and brush the top of the galette crust.
- Return to the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place in the oven and bake 1 hour, until the fruit is bubbly and the juice is running out of the galette. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
You can serve this plain or with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
*I was not paid to write this post. The opinions are my own.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Peaceful Haven!