Three cheers for chocolate! Come on now, who’s with me? I am so excited to share with you this decadent recipe for gluten-free Chocolate Marshmallow Brownies. Once you try these you many decide that the search for the BEST gluten free brownie is over.
Dark chocolate includes a host of benefits for your health, including lower blood pressure, lower “bad” LDL cholesterol and a lower risk of heart disease. One of the reasons dark chocolate is especially heart-healthy is its inflammation-fighting properties. Now for a reality check, this recipe does have dark chocolate cocoa powder in it but also has sugar as an ingredient. To make this a healthier option substitute the sugar with coconut sugar.
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW BROWNIES
1/2 cup butter or ghee (at room temperature)
1 cup sugar or coconut sugar
3/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 TBS. cocoa
1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts
2 cups mini marshmallows
* gluten-free chocolate syrup, hot fudge or caramel sauce to drizzle over the top of the brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then add eggs, mixing until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, gluten-free vanilla extract, pecans, and salt. Gently mix the wet and dry together.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9″ square brownie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and top with marshmallows. Cover the brownie pan with aluminum foil and let stand for 5 minutes or until the marshmallows melt.
- Remove the foil and drizzle the brownies with hot fudge, caramel or chocolate sauce.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Peaceful Haven!