For my daughter’s graduation party we made this easy project, a No Sew DIY Fabric Bunting. We cut the triangles out of leftover fabric, used tablecloths and old sheets and used garden twine as our chord so this project cost us nothing! I have to admit it looked charming and added decorative detail that visually pulled the party together.
An added bonus is the fabric bunting can be used for other occasions like birthdays and garden parties!
triangle template (9″ long x 8 1/2 ” wide at the top of the triangle)
newspaper or paper towels
No Sew DIY Fabric Bunting
- Determine the length of the bunting and cut the garden twine 24 inches longer than you need the length to be.
- Cut out a paper or cardstock the triangle template.
3. Cut the fabric into triangles. If children are doing the cutting or you are a beginner crafter you may want to trace the triangle template onto the wrong side of the fabric.
4. Cover your work surface with newspaper or paper towels.
5. Draw a line of glue on the wrong side of your fabric triangle. Fold over the top of the fabric to seal the twine in between the fabric. Hold until the two sides of the fabric begin to stick together.
6. Keep attaching the fabric triangles to the twine. Space each triangle 3 inches apart.
7. Let each fabric triangle dry and then tie a loop onto each end of the garden twine so you have some way to hang up your No Sew DIY Fabric Bunting!
Check out my other DIY projects HERE!
*This post may contain an affiliate link. Thank you for supporting The Peaceful Haven!