Welcome to Organize your Home in 31 days the Frugal Way. Today is day twenty of the challenge and we will be tackling how to organize the bathroom closet. I have a super small bathroom and an equally super small bathroom closet so the organization of the bathroom closet is of utmost importance!
What goes into the bathroom closet anyway?
For my bathroom, which is currently used by seven people one of which has a disability, detailed, organization is critical! We currently store medicine, feminine hygiene, toilet paper, towels, q-tips, shampoo, conditioner, and soap. We have toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, mouthwash, razors, brushes, combs and a first aid kit all these things have to fit into the bathroom closet. Your family may need to store different items but one thing is for sure there is a lot to organize in the bathroom closet.
This project should be FREE if you approach it with creativity. Take a look around your house for creative items your can use as storage containers. One of my favorite FREE organizational tools is the spray painted shoebox, you could also wrap it up in fabric or wrapping paper to make it go with your home decor. I also use baskets, paper boxes, cereal boxes, tissue boxes all of which are ways to recycle or reuse what I have on hand.
cardboard shoeboxes, plastic lidded containers or similar size baskets
labels (index cards work great)
Baskets, milk crates or paper boxes
I choose to organize my bathroom closet in bins and baskets because it is easier to find things when they are labeled and much easier for kids to put things back when they know there is a spot for everything. Another very important reason to keep items in the bathroom closet organized is that in a medical emergency I am able to find what I need ASAP. This has been critical for me as a parent to six accident prone children!
ORGANIZE THE BATHROOM CLOSET
- Remove all items from the closet and throw out anything that has expired, is broken or worn out. Return anything that does not belong in the bathroom to its rightful place.
- Group like items together. Towels in one pile, shampoo, and conditioner in another etc.
- Figure out what size boxes or baskets will work best in your bathroom closet.
- Put individual groupings into their own container and label. For example, put all the extra toothpaste, toothbrushes and dental floss into a shoebox size container and label the bin DENTAL.
- Return the completed baskets or bins into the bathroom closet.
Want to save more money in the bathroom? Click HERE!
What are your tips for bathroom organization?
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Peaceful Haven!