Gluten Free Bibimbap
1 cucumber cut into matchsticks
1 tsp. gluten free gochujang Korean hot sauce
1 bunch fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
3 tsp. coconut amino’s
2 TBS. olive oil or grapeseed oil
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1-2 lbs. thinly sliced beef top round steak
4 large eggs
4 cups cooked rice, gluten free spaghetti, or cauliflower rice.
1 TBS. sesame seeds
1 TBS. freshly cut scallions
- Mix the cucumber pieces with the gochujang paste in a bowl and set aside.
- Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil in a large nonstick skillet and stir in spinach; cook until spinach is bright green and wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible; set spinach aside in a bowl and stir coconut amino’s into the spinach.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cast iron skillet stir in carrots and cook approximately four minutes and stir in garlic. Remove and set aside.
- Fry the thinly sliced beef, olive oil and red pepper flakes in a cast iron skillet over medium heat, about 5 minutes per side, and set aside. In the same skillet fry, the eggs on low heat sunny side up until yolks are runny but whites are firm, 2 to 4 minutes each.
- Bibimbap is meant to be served in bowls. Put the rice, gluten free noodles or cauliflower rice in first, then the beef and finally the vegetables. Top with an egg, sesame seeds, and freshly cut scallions.
Other Bibimbap options…
*This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Peaceful Haven!